Saturday, July 5, 2008

T minus 2 hours and 45 minutes

Well, here I am 2 hours 45 minutes before we leave to get Miya and time seems to be at a stand still.

I have tried to keep myself busy today, but everything is ready to go and all I have left to do is take a shower and go. So to pass time, I'll blog...

Our hotel is fantastic. Very nice and very cool. I look out the hotel window and there are buildings as far as the eyes can see. Last night Celine told us that there are many textile factories in east Xi'an and many electronics factories west of the city. Xi'an is hot, but not humid....I suppose you could compare it to Arizona. The smells here are also so so strong and VERY different. I can't even compare it to anything. We are definitely in China now.

Our hotel....
















My hotel room....
















The electronics station...

















Gifts for the officials and orphanage staff....

















View from my hotel window...
















Well, it worked. 6 more minutes and it's shower time. I am so excited and nervous. I have no idea what to expect, I hope it all goes smoothly. I hope Miya...well, I don't know what I hope, I just want to go get her. I know she'll probably cry, and I'll cry and I know she will be scared to death, but I also know that it will all be ok. Wish me luck!

p.s. Thank you for all the comments. We love reading them!

2 comments:

Headmeister said...

Ok, I haven't had a computer since Friday night (Hubby had to put in a new hard drive & rebuild it) and now I come here and I see I have a few posts to catch up on!

But I'm sitting here hoping everything went GREAT y'day and I CAN'T WAIT to see pics, MAMA!!!!!!

MUCH love and hugs to you!!!!!

GouGouAwu said...

wow.Although I'm Chinese,I've never been to Xi'an before,I'm in Shanghai.
I saw your comments at waitingforlaurenelizabeth blog.