Sunday, July 6, 2008

Yay!!!!!!

It's 5:45a.m. and my tall little peanut is sleeping right now. I can't wait to share the happenings of yesterday, but I'm going to wait until after our civil affairs appointment this morning as I still have to figure out how to get myself, the baby, my paperwork, and the diaper bag all ready before 8:30...and breakfast too.

Here's a quick update though as to what I can tell so far....

She is so sweet, cute, scared, and very sick. She came to me with a double ear infection, fever, and a very bad bad cough. After questioning ourselves for a few minutes last night....should we shouldn't we....we just decided to mix up the antibiotics and administered. She has drops for her ears as well.

She is so very skinny....makes me sad, she seems kind of frail.

She can't walk (per nanny), but can stand holding her hands.

She ate a piece of banana bread and few bites of ham, some water and sucked down a bottle right before bed last night. That's good for the first day right?

She likes her stacking cups, rings, and crinkle book.

My care package made it. :-) They returned the two cameras and her bear to me.

She smiled and laughed last night when I blew raspberries on her foot and played peek a boo...

I can't wait for her (and I) to feel more comfortable around each other and to see what she is really like in the coming days.

Ok,I better get going here....more later I promise!!!!

10 comments:

auntie barb said...

Wayne and I are so happy for you! Your new daughter and I have matching hairdo's. Tell your Mom her flowers are doing great. Not a peep about the pack :-) We send many blessings and can;t wait to meet your "little peanut."
Wayne and Barbara @ Beauty Bay

~Kristen said...

So glad to see you update and hear that you are doing well so far... will be sending get well thoughts for Miya, I hope she's feeling better soon...

can't wait to see more photos of you both!!!

Anonymous said...

I cant get over how cute you are miya! We are so excited to see more pics of you guys. We love you so much and are counting down the days until you come home!

Lexi and Tom
(we miss you mom and dustin!)

Kelli said...

Sara,

Note to self** do not be 33 weeks pregnant and follow you to China- I cannot stop the tears!

You did it- you got your baby girl..She's so sweet! I'm soooo happy for you, momma! Keep having fun, we all love you and you guys are still in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Miya is so beautiful and we at the Almeida household are so happy for you. What an emotional time for all of you, wish I was there. Look forward to seeing all of you!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello, friend!

Congratulations! You (we) have waited for this day FOREVER and it finally came! I'm so happy for you!

Miya is just as cute in these pictures as she was in her orange vest (is that coming back with you, too? :))

You two are just perfect for each other!

Have a safe journey home! Hi to Dustin and Cynthia!

:) Ana

Anonymous said...

SARA!!!
I'm so happy for you! I have NEVER seen my brother like this, he can't stop crying!! :) Its so great and I'm so happy for you two! We came to my work yesterday to look at your blog and he sat here for like an hour just crying and crying!! He can;t wait to meet Miya!!! You guys are going to be a great family and my girls and I are so excited to meet her!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! Sarah, Hailey and Lilly

Anonymous said...

SARA!!!
I'm so happy for you! I have NEVER seen my brother like this, he can't stop crying!! :) Its so great and I'm so happy for you two! We came to my work yesterday to look at your blog and he sat here for like an hour just crying and crying!! He can;t wait to meet Miya!!! You guys are going to be a great family and my girls and I are so excited to meet her!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! Sarah, Hailey and Lilly

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog and
living it with you every day. So many memories ...so many similarities to our journey to Ellen and finally being united with her. Congratulations !!!! She is beautiful! You were meant for each other...I am a "believer in the Red Thread Connection". We have it with Ellen and so will you with Miya..complete and unconditonal love for each other. Have fun and safe journey home!!! Hello to Cynthia and Dusty.

Anonymous said...

Sara, I feel like I'm experiencing a miracle taking place. Hope your peanut is feeling better and completely well for the trip home. I can tell from all the good comments that you will have a wonderful support group.
Eva